As an AI language model, I do not have access to real-time data or the ability to predict the future. Therefore, I cannot provide a list of the top 10 best travel documentaries of 2023. However, I can suggest some popular travel documentaries from previous years that you might find interesting:
1. “Planet Earth” – An iconic nature documentary series exploring different regions and habitats on Earth.
2. “Long Way Round” – Follows actors Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman as they embark on a motorcycle journey around the world.
3. “Samsara” – A visually stunning documentary, capturing breathtaking landscapes and cultures from around the globe.
4. “Baraka” – Similar to “Samsara,” this documentary showcases stunning visuals of various places and cultures worldwide.
5. “Jiro Dreams of Sushi” – An exploration of sushi master Jiro Ono’s renowned restaurant and his lifelong dedication to his craft.
6. “The Dawn Wall” – Follows rock climbers Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson as they attempt a challenging free climb on El Capitan in Yosemite National Park.
7. “The Art of Flight” – Explores the world of snowboarding through stunning cinematography and epic locations.
8. “Into the Inferno” – A collaboration between filmmaker Werner Herzog and volcanologist Clive Oppenheimer, exploring the power and beauty of volcanoes.
9. “Man on Wire” – Retells the incredible story of Philippe Petit’s illegal high-wire walk between the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in 1974.
10. “A Map for Saturday” – Chronicles the experiences of an independent traveler exploring the world for a year.
These documentaries have gained acclaim in the past, but it’s essential to explore current releases and recommendations when seeking the top travel documentaries of any given year.